What you’ll learn
- New contemporary ideas about painting. Learn how to convey emotion through the work.
- How to create powerful and exciting images. Ways to keep painting from your right brain.
- Understanding realism and abstraction for painting
- Best tools to create the illusion of space
- Some previous painting experience in the medium of your choice.
Want to shrink that learning curve and master painting in record time? This course beats years of art school training.
To make a great painting it takes more than just paint. Learn to fine tune and transform images into their full viewing potential — and you have mastery. Elevate your work from good to great. Get the results you want with more ease and speed.
Techniques are fun to learn, yet this course goes way beyond. Achieve exciting images, quickly resolve painting issues and easily move your painting to the next level. This course includes thirteen videos and a pdf version of Nancy’s fully illustrated book Create Perfect Paintings. Follow along at your own pace using the course videos, book and supplemental materials.
You will not find these ideas, resources and information anywhere else — art schools or any other online course. No need to change your painting style, subject matter or methods. DON’T PAINT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE! This course empowers you to make YOUR paintings. You become a smarter painter, improve your painting’s viewing power. Learn to push 2D images into the illusion of 3D with contemporary and classic spatial concepts. Learn to enhance and extend the viewing experience so your art can’t be ignored!
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate and advanced painters, or any painter wanting to broaden their scope about art and improve their skills.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 49
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- The Art of Painting Beyond Technique
- Lecture 2: Ideas About Painting
- Lecture 3: What’s Your Story?
- Lecture 4 – The Illusion of Space in Painting
- Lecture 5 – Best Ways to Create Illusion of Space
- Lecture 6 – Realism vs Abstraction
- Lecture 7 – Left & Right Brain Sides
- Lecture 8 – Mastering Eye Choreography
- Lecture 9 – Expressing Emotion in Painting
- Lecture 10 – How to Analyze Paintings
- Lecture 11 – Your Work Space
- Lecture 12 – Is It Finished?
- Lecture 13 – Conclusion