Tailwind CSS – The NEXT Generation of CSS
What you’ll learn
- Installing and configuring the ideal environment for working with Tailwind CSS
- Build a site from scratch, following the latest standards of web development
- Responsive design
- Apply CSS states
- Implement an automatic dark mode
- Reuse classes (don’t repeat yourself)
- Using the 4 official Tailwind CSS plugins
- Using the Just-in-Time engine
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Using a code editor
Tailwind CSS is a modern and increasingly popular framework that is changing the way we work with CSS.
Its bet is quite radical: using HTML to define the page styles. Interesting, isn’t it? But… why not use inline styles then? Well, Tailwind CSS is quite superior to that, and in this course, I will show it to you, saving you the work of study and research.
As an example, and as a course project, you will build a Netflix-like landing page using the Tailwind CSS utility classes. You will gradually improve and complete it with features such as the following:
- Responsive design
- CSS states
- Dark mode
- Reusing styles (don’t repeat yourself)
You will learn how to use, in a convenient way, the 4 official Tailwind CSS plugins:
- TailwindCSS-Typography: to style texts (for example, those coming from a database)
- TailwindCSS-Forms: for styling forms
- TailwindCSS-Aspect-Ratio: to control the aspect ratio of images
- TailwindCSS-Line-Clamp: to limit text and achieve visual harmony
You will use the Just-in-Time engine from the start. It is one of their most recent and exciting new features, and it will be their default working mode in version 3.0, so I have designed the course with this engine in mind.
Many websites already use utility-first CSS frameworks, including some popular ones like GitHub, Heroku, Kickstarter, or Twitch.
I think it is worth learning this framework because it defines a very different and helpful way of working, which other frameworks have already copied. With this course, I make it easy and very practical for you to have a good base and build any page you want.
If you haven’t decided yet, you can watch for free the lesson where we build a page from scratch. So you can see the whole process.
The course is alive, and we will update it as Tailwind CSS evolves. You also have access to the repository where I publish the source code of the pages.
See you inside!
Who this course is for:
- Web designers and developers who want to improve their frontend skills
- Students with knowledge of HTML and CSS who want to learn a new way of working
- Whoever wants to learn new technologies in web development
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Introduction to Tailwind CSS
- How to install and configure Tailwind CSS
- Building a Netflix-like landing page
- Install, configure and use the 4 official Tailwind CSS plugins.
- Advanced Tailwind CSS concepts and other interesting features.
- Tailwind CSS updates
- Final Quiz