The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is a health and safety qualification that is ideal for Managers, Supervisors, those with safety responsibilities and anyone aspiring to these positions.
Health and Safety
It provides you with the knowledge that you need to understand your responsibilities to maintain safety within the workplace.
This course covers topics such as the legal, financial and moral reasons for health and safety, UK health and safety legislation.
how to identify and manage hazards and risks and how to apply all of this knowledge to an organization.
Global Nebosh recognised qualification
We have a variety of learning options available for this course including classroom, virtual classroom, blend, and this e-learning product.
NEBOSH Employers, Health and safety for employers
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is held by over 200,000 people and has been designed to reflect the needs of today’s employers.
Corporate clients NEBOSH Qualifications
Students will learn about the science behind carb cycling that makes it work and makes it so effective. We will teach you exactly what a Carb Cycling diet is, what it involves and how you can do it most effectively.
Why choose NEBOSH E-Learning?
Guardian Academy is proud to provide a Gold Standard NEBOSH course.
Our e-learning is designed with the user in mind:
- Flexible – One of the best things about learning online is the ability to learn at a pace that suits you and your lifestyle. With our easy to use online platform, you can simply click resume and you can pick up right where you left off.
- Expert Tutors – Course materials have been created by our tutors who have been delivering NEBOSH courses to our students for over 28 years.
- Accessible– Our E-learning can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Informative – Our E-Learning is split into 11 separate modules. The course follows the NEBOSH Syllabus closely to ensure that you have the knowledge and information that you need for your assessments.
- Cost-effective – All of the course content without the added cost of a classroom, travel or time off.
This learning method will provide you with the same level of qualification as if you would have taken a full classroom course, with less costs.
What’s included with our NEBOSH E-Learning?
Our E-learning course contains everything that you need in order to complete a NEBOSH General Certificate:
- There are 11 Elements of content providing coverage of the updated NEBOSH syllabus
- E-learning course licenses are valid and accessible for 12 months from the date of purchase
- Email base on tutor support to answer your questions
- Technical support is also available should you require it
- Mock assessments when you’re ready to take your exam(s).
- The NEBOSH National General Certificate is a great first step towards a career in health and safety.
- However, it can also be used as a tool to improve your knowledge of health and safety in general as the ability to identify and manage risks applies to more than just specialist health and safety roles.
- The course is ideal for Managers, Supervisors, those with safety responsibilities and anyone aspiring to these positions.
- E-Learning is a great way to study in your own time, at your own pace.
It’s a great alternative to classroom courses for people with rigid work schedules, or who have to study in their own time.
The course covers all elements of the NEBOSH syllabus and contains methods to develop your knowledge,
such as practice study questions, practical exercises, links for further reading and references and more.
If you are looking to take the NEBOSH National Diploma, NEBOSH recommends that you complete a NEBOSH General Certificate as a first step towards your Diploma.
- The two units of the qualification are assessed separately,
- Unit NG1 is an open book exam assessment to measure what you know,
- and unit NG2 is a work-based practical risk assessment to show how you can apply your knowledge.
Open book assessments provide learners with the opportunity to be assessed on their knowledge.
And how they apply it, while still maintaining work and family commitments.
The NEBOSH General Certificate NG1 unit exam provides learners with a 24-hour period to break the examination into smaller chunks.
You are expected to properly plan, draft, amend and submit your online paper across this 24-hour period.
As part of the open book examination, you are able to use your notes, textbooks and the internet to research during the exam.
This does not necessarily make the online exam any easier. NEBOSH suggest that the online NG1 exam should take you around 4-5+ hours to complete.
Further information regarding the Open Book Examination process can be found in this PDF.
The NG2 is a risk assessment practical submitted digitally.
This practical is complete base on your workplace, and involves profiling and prioritizing risks, inspecting the workplace, recognizing a range of common hazards, evaluating risks.
Recommending further control measures and planning actions.
In order to complete the qualification, you must achieve a pass in both units within 5 years.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 109 hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 79
- Assessments Yes
- Unit NG1 Management of Health and Safety
- Unit NG2 Risk Assessment