Microsoft Windows Server 2016 – Hands-on Training Part I
What you’ll learn
- Install and configure a Windows Server 2016
- Configure Windows Server 2016 as a DHCP server
- Configure Windows Server 2016 Domain Controllers
- Add Windows 10 Workstations to your Server 2016 Domain
- Create Group Policy Objects (GPOs) using Group Policy Management
- Create users, groups and OUs using Active Directory Users & Computers
- Install and manage Windows Server 2016 Core (Standard) Edition
- Install and manage IIS Web Management Services
- Completion of both my Server 2012 courses, parts I and II (recommended)
- MAC or Windows Desktop PC or laptop with a minimum of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB preferred)
- System BIOS with virtualization capabilities
- Internet access
Speed Learn Microsoft Windows Server 2016!
This course is designed for speed learning Server 2016. The course is broken down into bite-size, manageable chunks. Most of the video tutorials are less than 5 minutes long. Any tutorial over 5 minutes comes with a lab file to easily follow along with.
Open your virtual machine, follow along using a short, very concise video tutorial, move on to the next video, repeat.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Part I is a follow-on for my Server 2012 courses, Parts I & II. Therefore, it is highly recommended anyone contemplating signing up for this course first complete both of my Server 2012 courses or have a good background working with Server 2012.
I did my best not to go over material covered in Server 2012, such as DNS. Most of the material covered in this course is unique and adds value to what was learned in both my Server 2012 courses.
This course is for those needing to become familiar with Server 2016, building and maintaining a Microsoft Server 2016 network from the ground up. In this first part, students will learn how to install and configure Windows Server 2016 just as they would as a network administrator or networking consultant.
This course trains the student to install, configure and manage the most common roles and services found on a Microsoft 2016 network. Part II of the course will introduce the more advanced roles and features offered in Server 2016.
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 -Hands-on is a Comprehensive Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Hands-on Training Course.
Sections 2 and 3 of the course are completely open and free. If you can set up your virtual lab environment, you will have no issue completing this course. Please do not enroll until you have set up your virtual lab environment for the course.
Do you want to learn how to install and configure Microsoft Windows Server 2016?
Do you prefer learning using hands-on as opposed to just a lecture and quiz?
If you have answered YES to the above questions, then you are in the right place.
This course teaches you the administration skills for Installing and Configuring a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 domain.
This course provides a solid hands-on experience for learning Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and is designed for those needing to demonstrate basic day-to-day administration and configuration skills required for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 administering.
This course provides hands-on learning on how to install, maintain and configure Microsoft Windows Server 2016. The course is structured using short tutorial videos. Students open up their VM of Server 2016, watch a short video tutorial, complete the lab and move to the next tutorial.
Students who take and complete this course will be able to install and configure a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 domain complete with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Certificates, and other roles and features commonly found in a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 domain.
The course labs consist of configuring three virtual machines to join a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 network, creating Microsoft Windows Server 2016 domain environment, and installing and configuring different server roles and features.
Why should you take this course?
- A solid hands-on training course with lab practice
- Use applied to learn to install, configure and maintain Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Help prepare for the Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Certification Exam 70-740
- You will learn to install Windows Server 2016 Desktop Experience, Windows Server 2016 Core, and Windows 10 Pro as a client.
- You will also learn Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Networking, creating a domain environment, and installing and configuring different server roles.
This is the course that could change your life.
An investment in your career is an investment in yourself. Don’t procrastinate! There is no time like the present to take charge of your future.
You have 14 days money-back guarantee…!!!
And remember, once you purchase the course, you will have lifetime access to the course, and you have a 14-day money-back guarantee if, for any reason, you do not like the course.
See you in the course…!!!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting help in preparing for a Microsoft Server 2016 70-740 exam.
- Anyone wanting to learn Microsoft Server 2016 administration
- Anyone wanting to become more employable
- Lectures 74
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 365 days
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 142
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
- Course Overview
- Building Your Virtual Lab Enviorment
- Video – Downloading ISO and OVA Fles for VirtualBox
- Video and Lab – Create Virtual Install of Server 2016 Full GUI Using VirtualBox
- Video and Lab – Creating a Virtual Install of Server 2016 Core Using VirtualBox
- Video and Lab – Creating a Virtual Install of Windows 10 Pro Using VirtualBox
- Video – Take a Snapshot of Your Current Configuration
- Building a Microsoft Server 2016 Domain
- Video and Lab – Preparing Your Network for Active Directory
- Video and Lab – Prepare Server 2016 for Promotion to a Domain Controller
- Video and Lab – Promote Server 2016 to a Domain Controller
- Video and Lab – Join Server 2016 Core to Windows 2016 Domain
- Video and Lab – Promote Server Core to a Domain Controller
- Video and Lab – Add a Windows 10 Workstation to a Microsoft Domain
- Video – Create a Server 2016 Replica Domain Controller
- Domain Naming System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Video and lab – Install and configure DHCP Using the GUI
- Video and lab – Install and configure DHCP Using PowerShell
- Video – Authorize a Windows 2016 DHCP Server
- Video – Server and Scope options in Windows server 2016
- Video – How to Edit the default gateway settings in DHCP
- Video – How to edit DNS server list in DHCP
- Video – Use filters in DHCP to deny clients DHCP services
- Video – Use DHCP User Classes to assign alternate scope options
- Video – Edit a DHCP Scope
- Video – How to backup and restore the DHCP database
- video – Create predefined options in DHCP
- Speed Learning ....Active Directory Administration!
- Video – Create a user in Active Directory
- Video – Create an administrator user in Server 2016
- Video – Create a distribution group in Active Directory
- Video – Create and use a security group
- Video – Create an Organizational Unit
- Video – Unlock a user account
- Video – Move an object to a new organizational unit in Active Directory
- Video – Change the domain administrator password
- Video – Fix Access Denied when deleting Active Directory objects
- Speed Learning ....Group Policy
- Video – Prevent automatic logoff due to inactivity
- Video – Create and link a Group Policy Object to an OU
- Video – Edit group policy objects to affect a user
- Video – Edit a group policy object to affect a computer
- Video – Backup and restore Group Policy objects
- Video – Force Screensaver and Timeouts Using Group Policy
- Video – Change Users Desktop Background Using Group Policy
- Speed Learning ....Server 2016 Administration
- Video – Overview of the new start Menu for Server 2016
- Video – Working with Task View in Server 2016
- Video and Lab – Enable remote desktop using PowerShell
- Video – Rearm the 180-day evaluation Period for Windows Server
- Video – Rearm the 30-day evaluation Period for Windows 10
- Video – Create a Heads-up Display Using BgInfo
- Video – Change the date, time and numbers format in Server 2016.
- Video – Rename Windows Server 2016 Using PowerShell
- Speed Learning ....Managing Printers
- Speed Learning....Server 2016 Firewall
- Disk Management