What you’ll learn
By the end of Level 1:
Master all the basics of Excel, even if you’ve never seen a spreadsheet before!
Build your own spreadsheets from scratch, and actually understand how they work!
You will be able to build your own simple, AND complex formulas (and know what the difference is!), and use some of Excels built-in functions.
Do in seconds, what a lot of seasoned users take minutes to do!
Increase your chances of promotion, or a better paying job by understanding the most widely used business software in the world
By the end of Level 2:
Learn To Use Excel Like The Professionals
Get Streets Ahead Of Your Competition
Build Powerful Advanced Excel Projects From Scratch
Create a fully functioning relational database using Excel
Create a simple data entry screen to auto-populate complex templates
Build Gantt charts in Excel for project planning
Exploit Excels built-in advanced functions to do things “regular” users think are impossible!
By the end of Level 3:
Learn to program in VBA from scratch
Complete routine tasks thousands of times faster! (Yes, see the demo!)
Confidently tackle any programming project
Understand coding, and the thought process behind it
Fully automate Excel using Visual Basic for Applications
Fully automate report generation
Program simple “helper” solutions
Develop complex full-blown applications from scratch
Control other Microsoft applications like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and even Windows itself!
Create emails and send them automatically!
Create Word documents using VBA code right from Excel!
Create PowerPoint presentations in seconds automatically
Create entire folder directories in Windows automatically!
Over 120,000 students in 201 countries are becoming Excel masters with THIS series. Check out the FREE PREVIEW LECTURES and SEE WHY!
This COMPLETE* course is one of the HIGHEST RATED courses anywhere on Excel, with over 9000 5 STAR REVIEWS:
*Why buy 5 individual Excel courses, when this one complete course will give you everything you’ll ever need?
What other students are saying:
“This may be the single, greatest course on Excel in existence. It is that good. Concise, yet comprehensive and informative. The instructor has a gift for teaching in an old-world, grade school type of way, which I find particularly useful. He explains each new concept quite clearly and then builds upon the concepts to establish a very strong foundation. Remarkable class and presentation. I highly recommend this instructor. Brilliant.” – Kevin Ward (May 2020)
“Course is more than I expected. Instructor provides in depth knowledge of Excel and is effective at communicating it. This course, practice and effort are making me an Excel WIZ ! Thanks Alan.” – Tom Howard (April 2020)
“This course is by far the best course on Excel. Alan is a great instructor and has an art of teaching from the grassroots level and gradually building up to the advanced level which I think is a great way for the concepts of Excel to sink in the brain.” – Kshipra Jawdekar (April 2020)
Excel is the most is commonly used and in-demand tool for making sense of data. When you can harness that power, you will be a sought after employee and YOU CAN EARN MORE MONEY!.
If you run a business, being proficient in Excel can help you see your business in a completely different light.
If you are reading this, you have already taken your first important step. You want to learn Excel from the ground up and go from a complete beginner to superuser, to being part of the few Excel Elite, and being able to program your very own full-blown applications using VBA (including automating not only Excel but Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and even Windows itself!).
This complete course contains all the lectures, quizzes, projects, and downloadable resources contained in Levels 1, 2 and 3. In fact, everything you will need to go from novice to coder! There’s no need to buy one course after another to become an Excel master…it’s all here!
Yes, but 27 hours, Alan?
Don’t worry! We have a very (very) active student forum, so new lectures are regularly added in the SQA Sections (Student Questions Answered). If I can’t explain something in a post, or I get a particularly interesting question, I’ll make a video for you to walk you through your own specific sticking point!
You can find the detail of each section below, but here’s a summary of how it breaks down:
Level 1 Beginners: Base course – 3 hours, SQA – I hour
Level 2 Advanced: Base course – 6.5 hours, SQA – 2 hours
Level 3 VBA Programming: Base course – 11.5 hours, SQA – 3 hours
The course is structured so you can dip in and out whenever you want…you don’t have to do it all at once 🙂
Here’s what you get inside…
In Excel Essentials: Level 1 Basics – Master Excel Step-By-Step
- Average review HIGHER than the other Microsoft courses on Udemy!
- Average minutes viewed 27% HIGHER than other Microsoft courses!
- New students join THIS Excel course EVERY DAY!
Great news! I have added a new bonus section to this course “Student Questions Answered”!
In this section, you will find custom made tutorials to answer YOUR specific questions! Just drop a message on the discussion board, and if I can’t answer it in a simple message, I’ll make a video just for you!
What other students are saying:
“This is the most comprehensive course I’ve seen on Udemy…” – Renato Ferreira
“This course is a must and it could be the only one you need, if you want to master Excel for any reason. It is well organized, it covers all topics of Excel, from the fundamentals (formatting, writing data, put that data to use, etc…), continuing to a more advance use of the program, like applications for the formulas included in the app. But the part that outstands in the course, is the macro-programming part. It helps you to start programming in VBA in a step by step fashion. The instructor explains every lesson quite well, he is easy to follow, and you can notice he knows the app and have lots of experience with it. He is also very responsive and will reach you as soon as he can in case you have any doubt about the topics covered in the course. For me is a five stars course, thumbs up for a well roundup course.” – David Garcia Silvarrey
“This is the best Excel course ever! I like that the topics are broken down into few minutes at a time”. – Sheryl Blosel
“This course is wonderful. If you were and absolute beginner like I was, this is the course that you should take. This course starts at the absolute beginning and shows you in detail how to use the program and how to make it do what you need it to. I am almost through section 2 and I cant believe how much I have learned and I couldn’t imagine taking an Excel course from anyone else. If you are thinking about getting an Excel course for refreshing your skills, or just starting from the beginning, this is the course for you” – Jake Rose
Next to soft skills, being able to use Microsoft Excel well is probably one of the most sought after skills employers are looking for in today’s competitive market. Make sure you can compete…
- Do you want to master one of the must-have skills for any workplace?
- Are you willing to invest a little time now for your own future?
- Want to learn powerful, little known tools most users don’t know about?
- Do you want to get ahead of your competition?
If you are a complete beginner looking to master Excel, or you just want to brush up on the basics, you’ve come to the right place. If you want to earn more money by developing a skill set that today’s employers demand, this is the course is for you!
Getting to grips with Excel will give you a distinct advantage in whatever work you currently do, and can open the door to new opportunities.
Many of my students have gone on to get better-paying jobs, change careers, or even start their own businesses, using the very skills you will soon master.
“I spent over 30 years mastering Excel, so you don’t have to!”
In this course, we cover in detail all of the basic functions of Excel, and you will learn not only how to use it, but some powerful tools to allow you to understand how it works. There is a difference between repeating something and understanding it.
Who is this course aimed at?
Complete beginners, and those who want to build a solid foundation upon which to build their skills.
How is it structured?
Together we concentrate on building a single complete project from beginning to end, using all the basic functions and give you a thorough understanding.
I know your time is valuable, so most lectures are between 3-5 minutes, allowing you to dip in and out when it’s convenient for you. This also maximizes your learning, and makes it easy if you ever need to go back to refresh your memory…no need to click through a 40-minute lecture to find the part you’re looking for!
There are screencasts, lots of quizzes, presentations, pdfs, downloadable files…all designed to optimize your learning.
What do I get with this course?
- Lifetime access to over 4 hours of HD content.
- Over 50 bite-size lectures, each covering a specific topic in detail. Some of which I have never seen taught before!
- Multiple quizzes to ensure you cement your learning!
- Downloadable source file, practice file, and pdf cheat sheets that you can take with you and quickly refer back to if you are away from home.
- Access to the Q&A forum, so if you have any questions, you can ask me!
What other students are saying:
“This course is exactly what I was looking for. Simply explained, and in a level of detail I could follow. I really enjoyed it, and will recommend it to all my friend”s – Beatrice
“This course [Level 1] gives a solid foundation for a beginner who wants to develop their skills…To sum up Folks, this is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED course. I will be shortly enrolling myself in the next course with Alan of course” – Alex
“Fantastic course! The instructor is extremely knowledgeable and the way he organized the course makes it extremely easy to follow. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to increase their knowledge of Excel.” – Dan Hughes
So, Why take THIS course?
I have been using Excel for over 20 years, but there is a difference between being good at something and being able to teach it. In that time I have taught thousands of people how to master its power. Because I have taught so many people, I know not to assume you already understand something, and I have probably already heard every question you are likely to have.
This course took over 4 months to produce and has been tested extensively with hundreds of people. If something didn’t work or wasn’t clear, it was revised until it did, to make this the best possible course on Excel.
Of course, we never stop learning, and I will continue to develop this course, and your skills, with your feedback. And remember, if you have a question, post it in the Q&A and I will answer it for you personally.
In Excel Essentials: Level 2 – Intermediate/Advanced:
THIS course will take your Excel skills to the next level!
- New “Student Questions Answered” added
- The HIGHEST RATED Excel Level 2 course on Udemy!
- Average minutes viewed almost triple that of other Microsoft courses!
So, you have an understanding of the basics, but would you like to use Excel like the professionals? If so, read on…
For students who have already completed Level 1 in this series, or already have a good basic understanding of Excel, what you will learn in this course will supercharge your skills… and your career.
So, What’s inside?
- Over 90 bite-sized lectures
- 8.5 hours of quality HD content
- 41 downloadable resources
- All the source files for each project
- Access to me (in case you have any questions)!
You will learn powerful and little known techniques to enable you to build your own powerful spreadsheet solutions. We will do this by creating multiple projects together, step-by-step, and in-depth to guarantee your understanding. Each project builds on the last, so your skills develop cumulatively.
What other students are saying:
“This is a great course for anyone wishing to learn or brush up on the basics. The presentations are easy to follow!” – Pamela Reyna
“This is a very simple, clear and concise and easy to follow course that is perfect for beginners” – Sean Loftus
“The author of this course takes you through it one simple step at a time, and it is really easy to follow. I like that the lectures are short, and focus on one thing at a time, which was perfect for me. I actually now feel confident using Excel. Well done and thank you!”– Nickie Student
You will learn how to combine multiple functions in a simple way to create powerful solutions that most users believe can’t be done in Excel!
Each project in the course is designed to introduce a range of concepts that showcase the true power of Excel, and show you what is really possible.
In Project One:
- The fastest way to create powerful dynamic templates (by cheating!)
- Custom formatting
- Manipulating calculations with time and dates
- Conditional formatting
- Simple and nested logical testing
- Building complex and dynamic text strings
- ActiveX controls (and how to customize them)
In Project Two:
- Building a fully functional complex relational database
- A Masterclass in Vlookups (WAY beyond the basics here!)
- Importing data from multiple sources
- Controlling user entry
In Project Three:
- Creating named ranges (and why you would want to)
- Building dynamic named ranges
- Getting Excel to create them for you!
- A powerful trick very few users know about!
In Project Four:
- Hyperlinking (so it ALWAYS works!)
- Creating Macros, and using them to automate your work!
- Executing Macros from buttons
- Dropdown lists
- Building dynamic formulas using Excel’s Indirect function
In Project Five:
- Project management made simple with Gantt charting!
- Have your chart timeline ALWAYS begin at the best date
- Nesting multiple logical tests (simply!)
- Making your timeline completely dynamic by changing a single cell!
This isn’t just a course with a bunch of formulas, it’s a hands-on guide through real-life projects. You will learn how to build complex solutions using the very same methods I use.
In Excel Essentials: Level 3 – VBA Programming:
If you really want to harness the full power of Excel, then learning how to program in VBA is ESSENTIAL!
If you got this far, it’s because:
- Do you want to join the Excel elite, and program your own solutions?
- Maybe you want to automate most of your work, do more in less time with less effort?
- Could be you want to earn more money?
- Perhaps you may even fancy a career change?
If you answered yes to any of the above, I want you in my student community!
In this course, you will learn everything you need to know about coding in VBA, even if you’ve never looked at a line of code before!
What other students are saying:
“This is a great course! …I can’t wait to start using it. I will certainly be using the emailing program! And reports. My mind is reeling!” – Nickie Student!
“Taught in easy bite size chunks makes the learning fun as well as informative” – Joe Long
“If you are serious about learning how to make excel work for you, you should take this course” – Beatrice
Introducing Visual Basic For Applications
Visual Basic for Applications, or VBA, is included with Excel, so there’s nothing more to buy. If you have Excel, you already have access to VBA.
VBA is the powerhouse. It’s the code that lives under the hood where the magic happens.
A lot of people can record a Macro, but being able to program in VBA is quite a different thing. It separates the good from the truly amazing, and I want you to be amazing!
Now, one of those words in “Visual Basic for Applications” carries more weight than the others. And no, it’s not “Basic” (though coding the way I will teach you is simple!).
No, it’s “Applications”. In fact, it’s the “s” at the very end. The significance is that VBA works across ALL MICROSOFT APPLICATIONS! Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and even WINDOWS ITSELF!
In this course I will not only teach you how to code for Excel, but there are also even THREE, no…FOUR Bonus Sections:
- Controlling Word
- Controlling Outlook
- Yes, even controlling Windows
- and now…Automating PowerPoint!
What Makes Me Qualified To Teach You?
Well, I’m a regular guy. I don’t have a University degree, but what I do have is the drive to learn new things and never be beaten by a problem…a lot like you, I guess.
What I also have is over 20 years of experience in using Excel and programming solutions with VBA.
I have built simple helper systems to make life easier for my colleagues. I’ve programmed complete MRP systems to run the procurement division of a £1.3b company, and everything in between.
So, I can do it, does that mean I can teach you?
You bet! I have taught hundreds of students one on one, and even more in groups. Many of my students have gone on to better-paying jobs, start their own businesses, or at the very least made their work lives less stressful! One of my most recent students got a promotion and a 15% pay rise just 16 weeks after learning how to code! Not bad, hey?
Why Is Your Course Different, Alan?
I’m glad you asked!
If you got this far, you already know you get:
- Over 15 hours of HD video lectures
- 72 downloadable resources
- All the source code for the course + more!
- Programming projects
There are lots of great courses on coding in VBA. There are even lots of free videos on YouTube. Many of them show you all the basics in kind of a “little bit of everything” approach. I looked at what was available, and I knew I had to create something different. Of course, I still cover all the basics, just like the other courses, but we will go beyond the basics, and cover in-depth the “missing bits”.
In addition, I will teach you my step-by-step process, the actual methods I use to build powerful solutions easily and quickly. I’m sure programming can be difficult, but not the way I do it!
You will learn how to streamline your code for efficiency (and make it execute faster!) from the beginning. After we’ve covered all the basics, we will go on to create 6 separate projects using those very tools and techniques, where we will pull together all of your earlier learning, and give you the confidence to program your own solutions as soon as you finish the course!
What other students are saying:
“I’m coming close to finishing this course…This course has given me the knowledge and confidence to succeed, get promoted and think seriously about building a career based on what I can learn from great teachers like Alan.” – Thomas Heaton
“Alan is an excellent tutor, goes very deep into every single thing, and he is not bothered to repeat even the smallest tricks and tips along the way. I feel like I got amazing new skill, this course has opened my eyes on how I should “see” excel from now on. Definitely the best course I have ever taken on Udemy” – Aleksandar Stankovic
With So Much Power, What Will You Create?
With the skills you will learn in this course you will be limited only by your imagination.
If you can describe it, you can most likely code it. What will YOU create?
Let’s see. Enrol now, and I look forward to welcoming you to the course!
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at complete beginners or those who want to get a thorough knowledge of Excel
- No prior knowledge is needed!
- Lectures 337
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
Start Here - All The Basics
- Opening Excel, and Creating a Shortcut
- The Anatomy Of A Workbook: Where Everything Is, And What It Does!
- A Quick Review Of What’s Where
- Accessing The “F” Keys (Function Keys) On A Laptop
- Always Do This First! – Save Your New Workbook!
- Let’s Enter Some Data
- Editing Data
- Ooops. I Made A Mistake – Undo and Redo
- Changing Appearance Of Text With Formatting – Fonts
- A Quick Word On Formatting
- Formatting Text – Alignment
- Saving Time With AutoFilling Sequences
- POWER USER – Adding Your Own Lists To Autofill
- Saving Time With Format Painter
- Changing The Column Width
- Tidy Large Titles With Merge And Centre
- Entering Data – A Couple Of Shortcuts
Doing The (Simple) Math
Formulas: Learning The Clever Stuff!
A Few More Essentials
Bonus Section - The Keyboard Shortcuts
Bonus Section: Absolute and Relative Cell References
Bonus Section: Student Questions Answered!
Excel Essentials: Level 2 - Intermediate/Advanced
Project 1 - Creating A Data Entry Screen To Populate Multiple Templates
- Proof Of Concept
- Planning Ahead
- Creating Our Data Entry Screen
- (Custom) Formatting Dates And Time
- Simple Calculations With Time
- More (Useful) Calculations With Time
- It’s About Time (And Dates!)
- Adding Time
- Creating A Template From An Image
- Importing A Template From An Existing Excel File
- Converting Time To A Decimal
- A Little Bit Of Simple Data Entry
- Simple Conditional Formatting For A Cleaner View
- Calculating Time Out Of House Using Travel Time
- Simple Logical Testing And Nested Logical Testing
- Building Text Strings With A Formula
- Before We Move On…Accessing The Developer Ribbon
- A Tick Box Exercise (Of Sorts)
- Auto-populating Check Boxes
- Radio Buttons as an Alternative to Check Boxes
- PRACTICE EXERCISE 1 – Time To Add A New Entry
- Defining A Working Area, And Protecting Your Work
- PRACTICE EXERCISE 2 – Set Up A Working Area, And Limit User Entry
Project 2 - Building A Database With Excel
- Simple VLOOKUPs
- Step 1 – Get Some Data In, And Split It
- Using Data Validation To Get The Right Input
- Let’s Build Our Database!
- Importing Data From A Text File
- Importing Data From A Word File
- Pulling Data From Multiple Sources
- Using OTHER Look-Ups To Look Up!
- LOOKUP From A LOOKUP With No Intermediary Step
- Data Arrays Don’t Have To Start At A!
- Some Common Reasons VLook-Ups Fail
- One Inherent Flaw In Vlook Up
- POWER USER – A Breakdown Of Looking Up Backwards
- The Other Way Of Looking Up Backwards
- Backwards Look-Ups In Action
- POWER USER – Dealing With Inconsistencies In User Entry
- POWER USER – Fuzzy Vlook-Ups
- POWER USER – Vlook-Ups With Multiple Inputs
- POWER USER – Looking Up Multiple Inputs Using An Array Formula
- VLOOKUPs Brother…HLOOKUP
- POWER USER – The Holy Grail – How To Return Multiple Values From A Single Look U
- What To Look For When THAT Formula Didn’t Work
- The Fastest Way To Modify Your Column Numbers
- POWER USER – Vlook-Ups With Moving Columns
- Putting It All Together
- The Finishing Touch – How Many Records Did I Find
Project 3 - Named Ranges
- A Simple Static Named Range Using A Single Cell
- Creating A Named Range Using A Range Of Cells
- Using Row Labels To Name Multiple Ranges
- POWER USER – A Magic Trick Using Row And Column Labels
- POWER USER – Dynamic Named Ranges
- POWER USER – What To Do With Dynamic Names Ranges With Titles
- POWER USER – Dynamic Charts
- Horizontal Dynamic Named Ranges For Charts
Project 4 - What Can I Have For Dinner?
- Welcome to “What Can I Have For Dinner?” or…What Would I Use THAT for?
- Hyperlinking To A Different Sheet In The Same Workbook
- Creating Our First Macro
- Assigning A Macro To A Button
- Creating A List For Our Dropdown Using A Dynamic Named Range
- Using A Conditional Format To Know When A Value Is Missing
- Copying Conditional Formats And Creating Our Drop-Downs
- Building Our Formula…INDIRECT Function
- Building Strings For Indirect Sheet And Cell References
- It’s A One Or A Zero
- Working The Percentages And Adding Traffic Lights
- POWER USER – The HYPERLINK Function (And Problem)
- PRACTICE EXERCISE 1 – Fill In The Blanks
- PRACTICE EXERCISE 2 – Pretty It Up (With A Macro)
- PRACTICE EXERCISE 3 – Create A VLOOKUP Using A Built String With INDIRECT
Project 5 - Using Excel For Gantt Charts...Timelines And Project Plans!
Bonus Section - Just For Fun
Student Questions Answered!
- Calls Text Data – Or How To Return a Column Title If Value is 1
- Calls Text Data 2 – This Time Using Text!
- Extracting Phone Numbers From A Cell
- What Is The CHOOSE Function Really Used For?
- Casing And Text Functions
- Dynamic Charting From A Drop Down
- Extracting a Unique List, And Summing The Money!
- SUMIF With Dynamic Sum Range
- Vlookups With Pictures!
- Data Validation With Dependent Drop-downs
- Data Validation With Dependent Drop downs (Dynamic Named Range Workaround)
- Using 2 Labels As A Lookup From Drop-downs
- Tiered Pricing – SUMming So Many At One Price, So Many At Another, And So On…
- The Middle Name Problem, and Solution!
- Finding Matches, And Counting Entries
- Fee Calculator, or LOOKUPs That Are True, Not False
- The IF(s) Functions
- Drop Down List, Shifting Ranges
- Dynamic Calculations From Another Sheet
- Worksheet Protection
Excel Essentials: Level 3 - VBA Programming
What's It All About, Alan?
Introducing Your Personal Built In Translator...the Macro Recorder
- Introducing The Visual Basic Editor, & Recording Our First Macro
- Saving Macro-Enabled Workbooks, And Security Settings
- Moving Code Around
- Stepping Out. Well, In Actually! – Debugging Made Easy :)
- With And End With
- Streamlining You Code, Or, Get Rid Of What You Don’t Need
- Combining Your Code
- A Little Privacy Please
- Keyboard Shortcuts, And Why I Don’t Use Them
- Why You Can’t Get By With Just Recording Macros
The Building Blocks Of Coding...Your Dictionary & Phrase Book Of Success!
- Introduction To The Coding Section
- Getting All The Code For This Section
- Changing Your VBE Settings
- Protecting Your Code
- Objects, Methods And Properties
- Understanding The Hierarchy
- The Range Object
- The Cells Object
- The ActiveCell Property
- The Offset Property
- The End Property
- Dynamic Range Selection
- The CurrentRegion Property
- ACTIVATE vs. SELECT
- Between The Sheets
- Calling A Sheet By Its VB Name
- Sheets Vs. Worksheets
- Getting Around The Workbooks
- The Value Property – Writing Data
- The Value Property – Reading And Writing Data
- Copy And Paste
- Commonly Used Properties
- CODING EXERCISE: The Rainbow
- The Address Property
- The Row and Column Properties
- Capturing The Column Letter
- More Useful Properties
- Even More Useful Properties
- Opening Another Workbook Programmatically
- Closing Workbooks Programmatically
- CODING EXERCISE: Open/Write/Close
The Programmers Toolbox...The Techie Stuff, Made Easy (Honest!)
- Introduction To The Programmers Toolbox
- Variables – Local Variables
- Variables – Local Variables With A Twist
- Variables – Module Level Variables
- Variables – Project Level Variables
- Bonus – Calling A Sub Stored In A DIFFERENT Workbook!
- A Neat Trick To Force Variable Declaration
- Variables – All The Techie Bits
- An Introduction To Looping
- Looping With Do…Loop
- Looping With For…Next
- Looping With A Stepped For…Next
- Looping With While…Wend
- An Introduction To Logical Testing
- Logical Testing – A Simple If Test
- Logical Testing – A Simple If Test Using Cells
- Logical Testing – If Then Else
- Logical Testing – If Then Else Using Cells
- Logical Testing – Testing Multiple Criteria
- Logical Testing – Testing If One Is True, And One Is False
- Logical Testing – Testing If Either Value Is True
- Logical Testing – Select Case
- Maths – Doing Simple Maths In Code
- Maths – Writing Formulas To Single Cells
- Maths – Writing Formulas To Ranges Of Cells
- Maths – Using Excel’s Built-in Functions
- Maths – Built-in Functions With Defined Ranges
- InputBox – Getting User Input Using The InputBox Function
- Manipulating The User Input With Casing
- InputBox – Getting User Input Using The InputBox Method
- Message Boxes – Simple Message Boxes
- Message Boxes – Testing Which Button Was Pressed
- Arrays – An Introduction
- Arrays – A Simple One Dimensional Static Array
- Arrays – A Simple One Dimensional Dynamic Array
- Arrays – A Simple Two Dimensional Static Array
- Arrays – The Most Efficient Way To Capture An Array
- Arrays – Extracting Useful Data Based On User Input
- Arrays – Using An Array As A Data Source For A VLookup
Automating All Your Reports!
- Introduction To Report Automation Section
- A Special Note For Office 2010 Users
- Recording The Bones Of The Code
- Streamlining The “Add New Sheet Code”
- Deconstructing The “Profit By Day” Code
- Building Source Data Strings Dynamically At Runtime
- Creating The Run Order and Data Capture Subs
- Solving That Naming Problem
- POWER USER – Sizing Your Charts Precisely
- Changing The Chart Title (And Why We Do It Separately)
- Deconstructing The Pivot Tables (It’s Slightly Different)
- Titles, Money And Sorting
- Butchering One Table, To Create Another
- Adding The Commentary – Building Strings Dynamically At Runtime
- Adding The Commentary Using Data From The Sheet We’re On
- POWER USER – How DO You Make Specific Words Bold
- POWER USER – INSTR…A Very Useful Function
- INSTR And Paying Attention To Detail
- Tidy Up The Title
- Easy As Pie (Chart)
- Prettying Up Our Pie Chart
- Putting It All Together
The Data Is Out There...On The Internet, That Is
- Introduction To Web Query Section
- Pulling Data From The Internet – Capturing The Data For Rome
- Getting To Cancun And London From Rome
- Data Clean Up
- A Simple Find And Replace
- Getting Our Formulas Right
- Streamlining The Formulas Code
- POWER USER – Displaying Messages In The Status Bar (Cool)
- Putting It All Together
Workbook Events: You Don't Have To Run Code To Have Code Run!
- Intro To The Events Section
- WorkBook SheetActivate
- WorkBook BeforePrint
- WorkBook SheetChange
- WorkBook Open – Creating An Auto-Back Up
- WorkBook Open – Creating A Splash Screen
- WorkBook Open – Calling Other Code
- WorkBook BeforeClose
- WorkSheet Activate – You Can’t Pick This!
- WorkSheet Activate – You Might Pick This!
- WorkSheet Change
- WorkSheet Change – A More Useful Use
- WorkSheet Activate – Top Secret Classified Information!
- WorkSheet Events – BONUS – 4 New Things To Try
User Defined Functions...What To Do If The Function You Need Isn't In Excel!
Bonus Section: Controlling Windows - Folder Creation Gizmo
Bonus Section: eMail Automation...Why WRITE emails!
Bonus Section: Word Automation - Controlling Word From Excel
Bonus Section: PowerPoint Automation - Create Your Presentation In Seconds!
- Intro To PowerPoint Section
- A Run Through The PowerPoint Base Code
- Setting Up The Shell Of The Code
- Who’s Presenting This…
- Adding A Slide With A Logo And Text
- Prettying Up The Formatting (More Lego Coding!)
- Using Slide 1 To Create Slide 2
- Adding A Chart As A Picture
- Adding Pivot Tables (And Another Chart)
- Final Slide, And Wrap Up
Importing Specific Data From Multiple Files
Student Questions Answered
- Get rid of rows in a array
- Emailing Routine: Adding a Specific Attachment Based On a Criteria
- Adding A Date Stamp, And Going To The Insertion Point AUTOMATICALLY
- Saving An Individual Sheet To A Specific Folder
- Saving Multiple Sheets To A Single Workbook In A Specific Folder
- Animated Charts…With A Little Something Extra!
- Extracting Specific Data From A Big File, To A Bunch Of Little Ones
- Finding A Search String in Another Workbook With Multiple Sheets
- Extracting Unique Tables to Unique Sheets From A Big Data Set
- Protecting Specific Cells and Data Validation
- Dynamically Populating A Reusable Array While Looping Through A Table
- Sequential PDF Creation With Pictures
- File Picker, And Report Generator With Intelligent Filing
- Help! My File Has Got HUGE!
- Finding Updated Values In One Workbook, And Adding Them To Another Workbook
- Gantt Charts…With A Little More Sophistication!
- Vlookups (Or Any Application.WorksheetFunction) Over Ranges
- Adding A Date Stamp If A Change Has Been Made
The greatest classes I've ever takenThis is one of the greatest classes I've ever taken. It is well-organized and simple to understand. I've done things with Excel that I never imagined I'd be able to accomplish before haha. Definitely recommended.