What you’ll learn
- Achieve color expertise!
- Improve your ability to see and understand color.
- Learn to mix and match colors with confidence.
- Get tips on how to save money buying the right paint colors.
- No previous experience with paints or painting is required. You will need some basic painting supplies, such as eight basic paint colors (in any medium including oil, acrylic, watercolor); a mixing knife, paper towels, mixing palette and a water container. There are a few other inexpensive general items you may need. More on materials are explained in the first course lecture – preview enabled to view here for free.
Learn color mixing in a whole new way with this eye-opening color course! Professional painter and best selling author shares her secrets for easy and quick color mixing. Mix color to perfection immediately while painting, without having to stop to check color wheels. Learn the difference between organic (modern colors) and inorganic (mineral colors) – and why they matter so much in color mixing. This course can be used for any painting style or medium, and benefits all arts disciplines where color is important: painters, photographers, sculptors, digital designers, interior designers and hobbyists. After taking this course you will mix color with confidence; know how to set up a palette for a wide range of color accessibility; and gain full understanding of basic color theory. This course provides optimal practice matching colors one step at a time. Along the way, you’ll learn shortcuts, helpful tips and tricks, including advice on how to develop and customize your color palette for painting. This course will greatly improve how you see and use color. Please note this course is also included in The Ultimate Acrylic Painting Course, created by this same instructor, offered here on Udemy.
Who this course is for:
- Any artist: painter, hobbyist, photographer, sculptor, faux finisher, interior designer or decorator will all benefit from a clear understanding of color, regardless of medium or style. This course gives thorough and easy-to-understand color concepts for any level of art experience.
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 50
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes